Learn More About Us
Who We Are
Encountering the truth in the person of Jesus means that we can walk in freedom, courage, and boldness. It means that we walk in the light and live truthful lives, seen in both what we do and what we say.
Formation of Bethesda House
Bethesda House has been a work in progress since late 2013. The Lord put it on Pastors Jeremy and Katie’s heart to open a ministry center to love on the people of Oskaloosa, Iowa.
- To love people regardless of what stage of life they find themself in
- To preach the Word of God.
- To grow closer to God and one another.
Our vision was birth out of:
One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?” “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”
We know how overwhelming visiting a new church can be, so here are a few things that might be helpful for you to know:
- We are very laid back and most Saturdays you will find Pastor Jeremy in blue jeans!
- When you come in the front door, please enter the gym on your right, next go into the basement by going through the double-door on your left. Go down the hall, turn left and our sanctuary is the 3rd door on your left.
- The service begins at 6:30 P.M. and usually lasts until 7:30 – 8:00 P.M.
- At the present time, we do not offer a nursery or children’s church. We hope to add these very important ministries soon.
Jeremy & Katie Empie
Serving as Lead Pastors since its’ inception, Jeremy and his family are dedicated to serving with love.